Victoria (a.k.a.: Me) The creative per

Victoria (a.k.a.: Me) The creative per

Friday, March 1, 2013

Career Choice: Animator

Hey everyone,

It's Spring Break (Or mid winter break) for me and I can't go home until Saturday. My sister, Emily, is my ride home and she has to work. But I get to stay at her place which will be my next location (Maybe) for next school year.

I want to say that I'm sorry about the last blog post, I was kind of upset from the Oscars and had to say it.

But I do want to talk about one thing: animated films.

I recently watched "Waking Sleeping Beauty", the story about Disney animation studio's from "The Black Cauldron" to "The Lion King" and there struggles.  (It's really good and great for people that love animated films and want to be an animator)

Yes I grew up with all animated films, mostly Disney and ever since brought me everything, and I mean everything. My talents of singing, acting, drawing skills but more important my creative mind.

As I grew older I explored other films; Dreamworks, Pixar, Studio Gibli, everything.

Now you may wonder on why my topic is career choice.

Well for the longest time, I wanted to be an elementary math teacher. Yeah It's true. But at the end of my Freshman year in high school, everything changed. It was the movie "Kung Fu Panda" (Which is now my favorite film of all times) that showed me a new path, an animation path. And of course my interest for math was dying and grades falling down.

I still find it odd that now Emily is working to be an elementary math teacher right now and will be student teaching next fall. Talk about a big switch. LOL.

Anyways, I study from the best animator of our time (My personal favorite is Glen Keane), look at the animation very carefully and focus on character design. I even came up with Chrissy, my O/C from the "A Day from the Kung Fu" series.

So my career choice now is to be an animator (mostly in the work of storyboard and/or supervising animator). To be an animator is something different. It's like acting but with the use of drawing. I want to bring things to life and inspire people as those movies in the past inspired me to be who I am today.

I still work hard at school, previously an graphic design major but changed to S.A.G. (Simulating Animation Gaming) major. I will continue to work hard and to reach that goal of the animation dream.

Laters,

Victoria



1 comment:

  1. Math teacher? I really couldn't see you doing something like that. You're more of the actress/animator type of person. And now that I've read this, I can see you as more of an animator than an actress... It's weird, how our career paths can change over time.

    ReplyDelete